“The Library is the temple of learning, and learning has liberated more people than all the wars in history"
Cart T Rowan
ESTABLISHMENT OF THE COLLEGE LIBRARY
The College Library was established along-with the establishment of the college in 1972 in order to meet the academic and research needs of the teachers and the students. The college Library provides books, journals, magazines as well as current information on various topics to fulfill the need of the academic communities. It has built up a rich collection on all branches of Science, Arts and Commerce. It is a member of N-LIST Consortium for online subscription of e-books & e- journals. It also possesses well equipped air-conditioned reading rooms both for the teachers and the students separately.
COMUTERIZATION OF CENTRAL LIBRARY
- Initially College library automation journey was started in the year 2011. That time we installed SOUL 2.0 (limited version) software. Computerized circulation was started on 23.07.2012. Later we have shifted from SOUL to Koha open source software in 2018.
- Operations have been computerized using Koha open source software. Version of the Software is 18.05.03. Library operation is partially automated. Presently, we are using Catalogue & Circulation module.
- Users can access data of all libraries over the OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue).
- OPAC of the central libraries accessible on campus at http://192.168.2.16:8000/cgi-bin/koha/opac-main.pl
- Circulation services of all Libraries are computerized and operational with bar-code System.
- 03 Computer Terminals available for internet and OPAC facility for users.
LIBRARY AS LEARNING RESOURCE
- Library has open access to all the users. OPAC and our stack staff is available to help the user in searching their required material.
- Three (04) computers with internet connection are available for the students and two systems available for the staff.
- The books generally purchased in the library on demand of its users. Time to time feedback is taken by the library from its users for improvement of the library.
- Current Journals and books are displayed on rack.
- Library has installed Koha Software
- Library has a small archive section of rare books. Users may consult them on demand.
- The library is an open access system. So students have to keep their bags (excluding purse & mobile) in the baggage counter.
- Every student must put his/her signature in the student’s attendance register for every access to the library.
- Library is fully equipped with CCTV
- Internet facility and access of e-journals are available for full time to the users of library. INFLIBNET N-LIST databases are used by the users of the library.
- Library has an advisory and working library committee for the planning, distribution of funds etc.
BRIEF PROFILE AT A GLANCE
- Total number of Books: 24277
- Reference Books (CL): 1330
- Rare Books: 39
- Total number of Journals & Magazines Subscribed: Printed-07, Newspaper-03, Career Counseling Magazines -04, and Database 01, e-Journals: 5500 approx. (through INFLIBNET-N-LIST).
- Ratio of Books to no. of enrolled students (CL): 15 books/student
- Reading Room Facility: 20% of Students
- Library Hours: 10 A.M. to 4.30 P.M.
- Library Security System: CCTV systems
- Library Access: Open Access
- Library Open: Monday to Saturday(Except Holiday)